Shelter - Refugio Collarte
Zone: Montes del Jalón, Jiloca and Alfambra
Condition: Good / Dirty
- The shelter of Collarte, is located in a beautiful spot of the Sierra de Algairen, to the right of the Barranco de Valvillano and on the slopes of the hill that ascends to the Pico Valdemadera.
- Nice corner surrounded by large pines, and ideal to spend a good day after a good meal in its surroundings.
- Leaving Epila, we pass the towns of Lucena de Jalon and Calatorao, we arrive at La Almunia de Doña Godina and cross this locality to follow the old road N II, until we reach a crossroad that indicates to our left Santa Cruz de Grio, direction we take and after reaching it, we follow the road that comes from Inoges and after 6 km we reach Tobed.
- We left Tobed and after crossing the Grio River by a bridge, we take a dirt track marked with the marks of the GR 90, that in ascent takes us to the top of a hill where the remains of a castle and the hermitage are Valentine's Day Here the track becomes a path and we are ascending, having to our left the Barranco de Valvillano, we pass the area of Valdetesancho and the level called Los Homos and after that the GR turns to the left and enters a track, which after descending in two Loops re-enters a path, at the beginning of which the refuge is located.
- You can also access by car on a dirt track, which is taken on the stretch of road that goes from Tobed to Elbows.
- Table with two wooden benches
- Stove - Fireplace
- Small grills
- It has a small window
- There is no door
- There are 4 or 5 tables with their respective stone benches.
- The beautiful fountain, also called the Nettles
- Two grills to make meat.