Shelter - Refugi Colomina
The Colomina refuge building was built on the banks of the lake of the same name in 1917. It was known as Keller house, the name of the Swiss engineer who lived there and from where he directed what the first major hydroelectric work of the State meant. Once the works of the lacustrine zone of the Fosca Valley have been completed, the FECSA company - currently Endesa - gave the refuge management to the FEEC, which opened it as a mountain accommodation in 1973. Subsequently, in 1985, the Federation carried out a complete reform to adapt it to the needs of hikers who increasingly visited the southern sector of the Aigüestortes and Estany de Sant Maurici National Park. In 2011, the last reform was inaugurated, which consisted in the construction of an annex that, in summer, works as a backpack area and, in the absence of storage, it becomes a free shelter. With the expansion carried out in 2017, the shelter has increased considerably in comfort and space, both for users and for the guards, since the space of the kitchen and dining room has been expanded. The number of showers and toilets has also increased, adapting it to the real needs of the refuge, which had been out of date. On the upper floor, the bedrooms have been extended, with the aim of having a larger area of space and the internal scale has also been reformed in order to improve the conditions of use and safety of hikers. Area with a multitude of possibilities for hikers both in summer - including the popular Carros de Foc trail - and in winter, with mountain skiing. The GR 11.20, one of the variants of the great trans-Pyrenean path, also passes through the shelter.