Shelter - Montaña de Riopedro
Shelter opened in good condition, only a few shutters did not close easily. A room with table and benches plus fireplace and two small rooms.
It is about 600 m from the 1st bridge over the Tera River that descends from Trevinca Peak, the path that crosses it is the one that leads to the refuge arriving from the peak.
There was a double mattress in one of the rooms.
Access: after the village of San Martín de Castañeda take the road, runway ZA-122 to the parking lot, next to the Laguna de los Peces where there is an information panel of the Park. The journey begins with a gentle ascent until reaching the broad plateau where we descend in search of the Tera river valley, which we follow the river until we find the refuge. this section of the town to the refuge takes approximately 1h 40 min.
Information thanks to: refugioslibres.com
ServicesDrinking water Fireplace Table
How to get there
Nearby hiking routes (< 25km)
- PR-LE 1 Lago de la Baña
- PR-LE-2 Lago de Truchillas
- C-2 Canales Romanos de las Médulas
- Bosque El Tejedelo
- Cascada de Sotillo
- Senda de la Cueva de San Martín y Cañón del Tera
- Senda de los Monjes
- Senda de los Cañones del Cárdena y Segundera
- Senda del Cañón del Río Forcadura
- Senda de La Cascada de Los Vados
- Ruta a Peña Trevinca (desde la Laguna de los Peces, Sanabria)