Shelter - Refugio de Cueva Valiente
It is located at the top of Cueva Valiente. It can be accessed from San Rafael, (Segovia) or from Peguerinos (Avila), from where you can leave the vehicle much closer.
The refuge is a stone construction with two small rooms, one of them with a fireplace. They could fit 5 people, 2 in the room with fireplace and 3 in the other.
The refuge has a metal door with a lock. In December-2012 it was not closed, so you can access the interior of the refuge. I do not know if it's always like that.
Information thanks to: refugioslibres.com
How to get there
Nearby hiking routes (< 15km)
- [SL-M 44004] Vías Pecuarias
- De Colmenarejo a Villanueva del Pardillo
- De Colmenarejo a Valdemorillo
- De Galapagar a Las Zorreras y San Yago
- Norte-Sur. De Collado Villalba (y San Yago) a Serranillos del Valle
- [SL-M 44007] En busca del agua
- De la Cañada de Retamar a Colmenarejo
- De Colmenarejo a Las Zorreras y San Yago
- Circular de Galapagar y Colmenarejo