Shelter - Refugio Espigar
State: Decent / Dirty
Espigar refuge is located in the mountain range of the same name, being located within the Zaragoza region of Calatayud.
- It is one of the four shelters of the same name that are distributed on the track that is taken in km. 23, of the road Codos - Miedes de Aragón and that ends at the port of Orera.
- We start from Épila, taking the A-122 road, we pass the towns of Lucena de Jalón and Calatorao, until we reach La Almunia de Doña Godina, where we follow the old N-II road, until we reach the detour of Santa Cruz de Grio. We take this deviation following the A-2302 road, which takes us to the aforementioned town, where we take the A-1505 road, which takes us to Codos, after passing the town of Tobed and where we now take the A-1504 that joins Elbows with Miedes de Aragón, until arriving at Km.23, where a few meters to the right of the road is the dirt track that will be our starting point and on our left a small grassy esplanade where we left the car. (About 150 meters ahead, towards Miedes, there is a detour that goes to the town of Langa del Castillo).
- We started crossing the road and we took the dirt track that is in front of the small esplanade where we left the car. The track is in good condition and we advance between cereal fields, to immediately leave behind and to our left a power line tower and a track to our right.
- After that and after 8 min. from the beginning, we leave the cereal fields behind and we now progress in a gentle slope between holm oaks, to reach the refuge located to the left of the track.
- As in our case we can come from pearls to shelter from the rain.
- On the outside there are wooden benches and tables.
How to get there
Latitude: 41.2687 Longitude: -1.43304
Montes del Jalón, Jiloca y Alfambra