Shelter - Refugio de Coronas
At the foothills of the Aneto on its south side, is the refuge of crowns, located in the valley of Vallibierna, which flows into the valley of Ésera or Benasque / Benás valley.
The refuge is reached from the Senarta Plan, located north of the town of Benasque, through a forest track that goes to the right, after the Paso Nuevo reservoir, or Llanos de Benás reservoir.
The track is closed for private cars, but during the summer season there is a bus that goes up to the shelter itself. In case of not taking the bus, the track climbs comfortably through about 10 km, saving a total height of almost 800 meters.
The refuge has bunk beds (10 seats, on wood) and space for another 10-15 people. It is clean, with a privileged situation and on flat land.
Information thanks to: refugioslibres.com
ServicesDrinking water Emergency radio First aid kit Table Beds
How to get there
Nearby hiking routes (< 15km)
- Lac Vert, Boucle par l'Est
- Ascension a Posets
- Camin reiau
- Ruta 3 Valls. Etapa 4: Castanesa => El Pont de Suer
- Ruta 3 Valls. Etapa 3: Aneto => Castanesa
- Ruta 3 Valls. Etapa 2: Erill la Vall => Aneto
- Le Pic de Circé
- Le cirque des Crabioules
- Pic de la Sauvegarde
- Le Pic de la Montagnette depuis l'Hospice de France
- Refuge et Port de Vénasque
- GR 211.5
- Ruta 3 Valls. Etapa 1: El Pont de Suert => Erill la Vall
- Ramat de Camins. Etapa 11 : Salardú => Bossòst
- Ramat de Camins. Etapa 12 : Bossòt => Vielha
- Grande boucle autour de l'Hospice de France
- Ramat de Camins. Etapa 14 : Refugi de Conangles => Barruera
- Ramat de Camins. Etapa 13 : Vielha => Refugi de Conangles
- Ramat de Camins. Etapa 15 : Barruera => El Pont de Suert