Shelter - Refugio de Respomuso
Refugio de Respomuso is located on the shores of the ibón of the same name, within the framework of the Piedrafita circus and on the slopes of Balaitus, the westernmost three thousand in the Pyrenees.
The special alpine characteristics of this circus, with steep needles, ridges and glaciers, make it a benchmark of high mountain sports in our Pyrenees.
When it was built in 1993, this refuge was a milestone, since it was the first of the high-altitude refuges in Aragon that included in the same interior of the building with toilets, and it was also equipped with a sewage treatment plant.
How to get there
Nearby hiking routes (< 15km)
- Refuge de Baysselance et Petit Vignemale
- GR 10 -variante
- Voie Verte Pierrefitte - Cauterets
- Voie d'OssauB
- GR 11 nueva variante
- Lac de Pouey-Laün
- Ruta circular de los Infiernos-Ibones Azules-Bachimañaa
- Pic de la Grande Fache
- Chemin des Cascades dans le Val de Jéret
- Lac d'Arratille
- Lac de Gaube et refuge des Oulettes de Gaube
- Tour des lacs dans la vallée du Marcadau